AUSTRALIAN FRIENDS OF TANDAZA
is a registered charity and fully incorporated association. Our objective is to support the life changing programmes of the Tandaza Trust by promoting the Trust’s activities and facilitating fundraising amongst its Australian supporters. The Tandaza Trust is a not-for-profit volunteer organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya. It has been transforming the lives of the underprivileged since 2012. The Trust aims to empower people so that they are able take up responsibility for themselves and their families and contribute to their larger community.
WHO DO WE HELP?
By supporting TANDAZA TRUST we are helping them assist people:
– in need of rehabilitation from substance abuse and addiction
– stepping away from prostitution or recovering from other forms of sexual abuse
– coming off the streets and seeking to start a new life
– from poor households seeking economic empowerment
HOW DO WE HELP?
Tandaza Trust works with local churches, businesses and government as well as non-government organisations to provide:
– practical support
– medical care and drug rehabilitation
– pastoral and clinical counselling
– vocational and lifeskills training and capacity building
– spiritual awareness
Tandaza seeks to share the practical love of God regardless of race, creed, ethnicity or gender.
ALL FUNDS CURRENTLY RAISED IN AUSTRALIA ARE BEING DIRECTED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF LAND FOR A PERMANENT HOME FOR THE TANDAZA TRUST’S AGRICULTURAL INITIATIVE AND REHABILITATION CENTRE